We are seeking to recruit a hard working, enthusiastic, professional and organised person to join our Accounts Team. The successful candidate will support the smooth running of all aspects of the School’s Accounts function using thorough working knowledge of accounting disciplines such as financial accounting and audit control procedures, management reporting and budget preparation. The post holder must be a qualified accountant, ACCA/ CIMA/ CPA or equivalent
Before submitting an application, please read the Job Description which outlines the role, duties and responsibilities of the job.
Start Date: To be confirmed
Contract: Type: Local hire, non term-time only position.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Excellent computer proficiency skills.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent English - both spoken and written.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to adults and children.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Please note the following BEFORE you submit an application at St Christopher’s
- For our support staff vacancies, we require that applicants are already resident in Bahrain at the time of appointment
- Bahraini nationals must not be registered as owning any businesses or hold any company sponsorships
- Non-Bahraini nationals must have a dependant visa through their partner’s employer who must be registered with the LMRA
- In order to satisfy Ministry of Education requirements we will need a copy of your educational certificates(s) - e.g. School Leavers Certificate: GCSE Certificates; A-level Certificate(s); Degree Certificate, with your School Leavers Certificate being the minimum that we can accept
- The school will require professional references and an up-to-date police check.
How to Apply
Please click the Fast Apply button to submit your application, supporting statement.
Closing date: Thursday, 08 June 2023
It is our policy to obtain two professional references.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Christopher's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, identity and criminal record checks, social media and qualification checks