We are looking for an organised, professional and proactive person to join our School as the PA to the Head of Senior School. This post holder will support the Headteacher on a daily basis acting as their first point of contact dealing with correspondence and phone calls from staff, parents and those outside the school. They will also effectively manage the Headteacher’s diary; organise meetings, as well as completing administrative and supportive tasks, at the direction of the Headteacher or office manager.
The successful candidate will be someone who is always friendly and approachable, reflecting the welcoming and professional ethos of the School. They will maintain confidentiality at all times and have exceptional communication skills. The ideal candidate will also have experience of using Google Workspace.
Before submitting an application please read the Job Description which outlines the role, duties and responsibilities of the job. Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English to an extremely high standard.
Start Date: TBC
Location: Isa Town Campus
Contract Type: Local hire. This position is a full-time one and requires work during the school holidays.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Excellent computer proficiency skills.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent English - both spoken and written.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to adults and children.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Before submitting an application please read the Job Description which outlines the role, duties and responsibilities of the job.
Please note the following BEFORE you submit an application at St Christopher’s
- For our support staff vacancies, we require that applicants are already resident in Bahrain at the time of appointment
- Bahraini nationals must not be registered as owning any businesses or hold any company sponsorships
- Non-Bahraini nationals must have a dependant visa through their partner’s employer who must be registered with the LMRA
- In order to satisfy Ministry of Education requirements we will need a copy of your educational certificates(s) - e.g. School Leavers Certificate: GCSE Certificates; A-level Certificate(s); Degree Certificate, with your School Leavers Certificate being the minimum that we can accept
- The school will require professional references and an up-to-date police check.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply Now button to submit your application, supporting statement.
Closing date: Sunday 19th March 2023
It is our policy to obtain two professional references prior to candidates being short-listed for an interview. We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Christopher's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, identity and criminal record checks, social media and qualification checks