St Christopher’s is a thriving school with an internationally distinguished reputation. Starting from modest beginnings in 1961 in a villa, it now offers an exceptional education to over 2,300 children and young adults, aged three to 18, from around 70 nations. Our dedicated staff of almost 400 people ensure that every day is a special day for the pupils at St Christopher’s.
We are looking for hard working, enthusiastic individuals who love working with children to join our supply list of Primary School Teachers, at our Saar Campus. The supply teachers core purpose is to effectively facilitate teaching and learning to Infant and Junior School pupils in the absence of their 'regular' class teacher. A successful St Christopher’s Teacher has various responsibilities and it is an expectation that Supply Teachers observe these to the best of their abilities, including but not limited to:
- Planning, preparation and delivery of high quality lessons
- Creating and sustaining a positive classroom ethos and setting high expectations for all pupils
- Maintaining high quality assessment, feedback and record-keeping documentation
- Setting effective homework activities in line with school policy and providing high quality feedback
- Taking responsibility for the collective pastoral care of pupils, feeding back relevant concerns to the Year Leader and parents
- Demonstrating the highest standards of Professional Behaviour
- Supporting the distinctive ethos of the School as a caring, communicative place of learning
- Contributing to the work and morale of the Year Group team and the wider staffing team of the Infant and Junior Schools
- Awareness of their role as an effective member of the St Christopher’s community and beyond
- Supporting School and community events and activities as a staff member and colleague
- Support for the School's Mission Statement
- Keeping up to date through own reading and research with the latest developments in teaching and learning Administration
- Observance of School Policies
Please note: there are no guaranteed hours for supply work and the demand will vary across each year group. Supply staff are required when a permanent member of staff is off eg when a staff member is unwell and therefore we will often need supply staff at very short notice.
Applicants must be able to read, write and speak English to a very high standard.
Start Date: September 2023
Location: Saar Campus
Interviews and Training will take place in August and September 2023, when School resumes after the summer break.
Please note the following BEFORE you submit an application at St Christopher’s:
- We require that applicants are already resident in Bahrain at the time of appointment.
- Bahraini nationals must not be registered as owning any businesses or hold any company sponsorships.
- Non-Bahraini nationals must have a dependent visa through their partner’s employer and your partner must be registered with the LMRA.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply Now button to submit your application, supporting statement and CV.
Closing date: Sunday 25 June 2023
It is our policy to obtain two references prior to candidates being short-listed for interview
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St Christopher's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, identity and criminal record checks, social media and qualification checks