We are seeking an independent and proactive Purchasing Assistant to join our support staff. Working under the direction of the Purchasing Officer, the Purchasing Assistant will ensure timely and cost-effective procurement of supplies and equipment based on the school’s need. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to liaise with school staff and build relationships with suppliers.
Before submitting an application, please read the Job Description which outlines the role, duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Location: Saar and Isa Town Campus
- Contract Type: Local hire, non term-time only position.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Strong organisational skills.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent English - both spoken and written.
- A high level of communication skills.
- A can-do attitude.
Please note the following BEFORE you submit an application at St Christopher’s
- For our support staff vacancies, we require that applicants are already resident in Bahrain at the time of appointment
- Bahraini nationals must not be registered as owning any businesses or hold any company sponsorships
- Non-Bahraini nationals must have a dependent visa through their partner’s employer and your partner must be registered with the LMRA
- In order to satisfy Ministry of Education requirements we will need a copy of your educational certificates(s) - e.g. School Leavers Certificate: GCSE Certificate(s); A-level Certificate(s); Degree Certificate, with your School Leavers Certificate being the minimum that we can accept
How to Apply: Please click the Apply Now button to submit your application and supporting statement. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
St Christopher’s reserves the right to interview and appoint before the published closing date.
Closing date: Monday, 04 December 2023
It is our policy to obtain two references prior to candidates being short-listed for interview
St Christopher's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, identity and criminal record checks, social media and qualification checks